Author Topic: Ridiculous Stats...  (Read 101 times)

Athletics GAT

• G. Alex Tays
  • All-Star
  • I've got a bad case of the yips.
Ridiculous Stats...
« on: 10 Jun 2019 4:19:48 PM »
Does anyone else find it ridiculous that the league OBP is almost below .300 after Week8 (.308)!

Are the hitters that terrible now?

Marlins JM

• John Mondo
  • EC
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
Re: Ridiculous Stats...
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2019 6:32:28 PM »
Well... we are at .308, MLB is at .320

So, we are low for sure, but not ny the staggeringbfigure youd think it would be.

I suspect that if more teams set their MPs to "take pitches" it would rise a tad. We also have more teams that truly like to rebuild with lineups that most assurredly would t resemble a rebuilding real team, and that also could contribute.
Losingest team in DMBO History... by an ASSLOAD

Yankees CC

• Chris Conley
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2019 8:06:21 PM »
We also have more teams that truly like to rebuild with lineups that most assurredly would t resemble a rebuilding real team, and that also could contribute.

Those teams also have below-replacement-level pitching, though. I don't think that's a significant factor.

But DMB+ZiPS favors pitching in a number of ways. Injured pitchers who are out for the year in real life can throw 200 innings in DMBO (and while the same is true of hitters, pitchers still get hurt a lot more). Fewer injuries also means far fewer really bad pitchers seeing the mound at all. Part-time starters or even openers can be in the rotation for the entire season. Teams can leverage elite relievers to the hilt, getting 50% more usage than in real life.

All told, I'd expect DMBO to be lower offense than MLB. Not sure exactly how much, but 12 points of OBA doesn't seem wildly unrealistic to me.

Diamondbacks LL

• Larry Linke
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2019 8:28:21 AM »
Didn't want to start a new thread but can anyone get on the GM desk ?

Larry
D-backs

Blue Jays SH

• Scot Hughes
  • EC
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2019 2:36:02 PM »
Didn't want to start a new thread but can anyone get on the GM desk ?

Larry
D-backs

Larry, we're having some database connectivity issues. Everything (draft, sims, etc) is on hold while we try to get things sorted out.

Scot.
AL East champion 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2016
AL Champion 2003, 2004, 2006
WS champion 2004, 2006

Diamondbacks LL

• Larry Linke
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2019 2:39:50 PM »
thanks

Larry