Author Topic: Yankees' Offseason Block  (Read 93 times)

Yankees CC

• Chris Conley
  • All-Star
Yankees' Offseason Block
« on: 15 Oct 2018 5:25:57 PM »
Yeah, yeah, the playoffs are still going on for some of you lucky teams. But we're out, so as far as we're concerned, it's time to turn the page...

The Yankees are looking to return to the playoffs (and hopefully last a bit longer) in 2019. We should be in good shape for that quest, but there are still a few things we are looking for:

• A middle-of-the-order bat. We have an opening at DH, but someone who is good enough defensively to push Gallo out of an OF corner would be a plus.
  • Relievers. Several, in fact. Lefty, righty, elite closer, bargain bin middle man, we could use them all.
  • One more SP. Needs to either be good enough to bump Eovaldi to the #5 spot or cheap enough that I don't mind using him as depth.

Of course, we're always open to upgrades elsewhere on the major league roster as well as more and/or better prospects and draft picks.

Available pieces include:

• C Robinson Chirinos (YOS 6, $2.5M?): Chirinos posted his third straight season with a wRC+ over 100, making him one of the best offensive catchers in the game. I've got Danny Jansen ready to take over, though, which makes Chirinos expendable.
  • IF Zack Cozart ($19.214M/2020): Cozart didn't come close to matching his 2017 5 WAR campaign in 2018, but he should still be a decent regular at SS and possibly 3B. Unfortunately he might not be one at 2B, which is the only place he's likely to fit on my team. Salary assistance and/or salary swap available.
  • Various prospects: No one is "untouchable," but elite young talents are unlikely to move unless I am getting someone back who is likely to be a legitimate star for the next few years. Barring that, I am more likely to deal from my second and third tier pieces, but frankly there are still guys there with real potential.
  • Draft picks: I have the #6, #11/#12 and #36 picks in the 2019 draft among various other picks. Open to moving any in the right deal.
  • Ca$h money: we have enough salary coming off the books coupled with an expected uptick in revenue to have some financial flexibility. Open to paying cash and/or taking on unwanted salary in the right deal. Not open to just giving away money because I have it and you don't, though. These Yankees don't roll that way.

Concrete offers, specific inquiries, and general feelers all welcome. "Would you trade Acuna or Tatis for my random dreck?" messages also welcome, though they will be responded to with the derision they deserve...
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2018 7:54:08 PM by Yankees CC »

Marlins JM

• John Mondo
  • EC
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
Re: Yankees' Offseason Block
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2018 7:17:43 PM »
Im pretty Sure Dreck Random is a 3b in the Nationals Organization
Losingest team in DMBO History... by an ASSLOAD

Yankees CC

• Chris Conley
  • All-Star
Re: Yankees' Offseason Block
« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2018 10:39:03 AM »
Yankees are putting Masahiro Tanaka on the blocks. He's a solid 2/3 starter (Steamer has him #28 by WAR for 2019) but Yankee Stadium and its short right field porch is basically the worst possible environment for him, so we're exploding letting him look elsewhere.

I'd be happy to move him for another SP who provides similar value in the abstract but fits Yankee Stadium better (lefty or at least lower HR rate), but open to other ideas as well.