Author Topic: Divisional Round  (Read 582 times)

Cubs JD

• Jason Daseler
  • Platoon Player
Re: Divisional Round
« Reply #15 on: 10 Oct 2018 11:41:46 PM »
New Cubs MP is ready and submitted.

Marlins JM

• John Mondo
  • EC
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #16 on: 11 Oct 2018 7:39:46 AM »
Marlins are in as well
Losingest team in DMBO History... by an ASSLOAD

Orioles TK

• Tracy Kienast
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #17 on: 12 Oct 2018 9:25:45 AM »
WOW!  I fully expected to be swept.  This is exciting. Now I have to figure out who is going to pitch game 5.
AL Wildcard 2003, 2005, 2006, 2015, 2018
AL East Champion 2008, 2009

Orioles TK

• Tracy Kienast
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #18 on: 12 Oct 2018 9:29:47 AM »
Of the 4 teams having to play a game 5, if everyone will message me when they email their MP for game 5 I will sim as soon as I get back to a computer Saturday night or Sunday.  The latest I would like to sim is Sunday evening as long as that is okay with all 4 teams.

We will adjust as needed when the File is posted in the league files page.

Please post here if the above works for you (NYY/BAL and PHI/CHC).

Cubs JD

• Jason Daseler
  • Platoon Player
« Reply #19 on: 12 Oct 2018 9:32:18 AM »
Of the 4 teams having to play a game 5, if everyone will message me when they email their MP for game 5 I will sim as soon as I get back to a computer Saturday night or Sunday.  The latest I would like to sim is Sunday evening as long as that is okay with all 4 teams.

We will adjust as needed when the File is posted in the league files page.

Please post here if the above works for you (NYY/BAL and PHI/CHC).

That should be fine.  I should have mine in tonight.

Giants SK

• Shawn Kelly
  • Cleanup Hitter
« Reply #20 on: 12 Oct 2018 9:54:21 AM »
Wow! Really surprised by Marlins-Dbacks series!

Quintana with 2nd consecutive complete game. Stepping up in October.
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2018 9:56:06 AM by Giants SK »

Phillies TP

• Tom Parker
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #21 on: 12 Oct 2018 10:07:55 AM »
UPDATE: ZIP file has been uploaded.

Games 3 and 4 are up. Sorry for the delay - I simmed the games last night and moments later the DMBO site went down for hours. We're back up and running, and here are the results:

AMERICAN LEAGUE

ORIOLES/YANKEES
After being thumped in game 1 and blanked in game 2, the Orioles had their backs against the wall as they returned to Camden Yards for a pair of do-or-die games.

GAME 3: The Yankees jumped out to an early 3-1 lead, highlighted by a Robinson Chirinos home run. Masahiro Tanaka was cruising until the seventh inning for the Bombers, until Justin Smoak singled and Kris Bryant doubled him over to third. A.J. Pollock's one-out single brought Smoak around to score, and the Yanks went to Nick Vincent with runners at the corners. With the infield in, pinch-hitter Yolmer Sanchez grounded to Zach Cozart at second. Cozart threw home and appeared to get Bryant, but after a long review, the umpires reversed the call and sent the hometown crowd into a frenzy as the game was tied. Pollock and Sanchez executed a successful double-steal, and Xander Bogaerts brought Pollock home with the tying run on a sacrifice fly to put the O's up 4-3.  Raisel Iglesias worked around some control problems in the eighth and ninth, and managed to close out the victory for the hometown Birds. ORIOLES 4, YANKEES 3.

GAME 4: The Yankees struck first in the top of the third. After two singles, Adrian Beltre grounded into a fielder's choice, bringing home the first run of the game. The O's got out of the two-on, one-out jam when Xander Bogaerts made a nice play on a Joey Gallo grounder, initiating a 6-4-3 twin killing. The O's came right back in the bottom of the inning, getting two on with one out. It looked like Francisco Lindor would duplicate Bogaerts' feat and get the Yankees out of the jam, but the young shortstop booted an easy grounder, loading the bases. Trevor Bauer fanned Freddie Freeman for the second out (one of 10 strikeouts by Bauer in the game), but Tommy Pham's clutch single brought home two runs to give the O's a 2-1 lead. Pham added another RBI single in the sixth. The Yankees closed to within a run in the eighth on a leadoff home run by Daniel Murphy, and loaded the bases before Raisel Iglesias came on to retire pinch-hitter Andrew Toles on a fly out. Baltimore then peppered reliever Gregory Infante with four hits in the eighth, expanding their lead back to 5-2. The Yankees got runners to the corners with nobody out in the ninth, but Daniel Murphy grounded into a twin killing, plating a run but effectively killing the rally. Iglesias got Adrian Beltre to fly out for the final out, sending the series back to the Bronx for the deciding game. ORIOLES 5, YANKEES 3.

INDIANS/ANGELS

Like their Baltimore counterparts, the Los Angeles Angels returned to Anaheim needing a pair of wins to keep their season alive.

GAME 3: Aaron Sanchez retired the first nine batters for Cleveland before giving up a leadoff double to Nick Williams in the bottom of the fourth. Williams advanced to third on a wild pitch and scored on Paul Goldschmidt's sacrifice fly, giving the Angels a 1-0 lead. Sanchez continued to pitch brilliantly (finishing with a 3-hit complete game), but Luis Castillo was every bit as good for the Angels, pitching into the seventh with a shutout before giving way to the bullpen. Freddy Galvis took Sanchez deep for a solo home run in the eighth, extending the Angels' lead to 2-0. Cleveland got a run in the ninth off closer James Hoyt, but the flamethrowing righthander stranded the tying run on second when he fanned Eduardo Escobar to seal the win and extend the series. ANGELS 2, INDIANS 1.

GAME 4: Cleveland's pitching was the story in this game. After jumping to a 2-0 lead on back-to-back RBI singles by Shin-Soo Choo and Edwin Encarnacion in the third, the Tribe rode the pitching of Chris Archer, who fanned ten over six shutout innings. Cleveland added to the lead in the eighth. Mitch Haniger beat out an infield single to keep the inning alive, and with two on and two out, Stephen Vogt lined an RBI single and advanced to second on the throw home. Kevin Kiermaier then plated both runners with a single of his own. The Angels managed to get a single run in the ninth, but Dellin Betances slammed the door on the Angels' playoff dreams, sending the crowd home disappointed and his team to the ALCS. INDIANS 5, ANGELS 1.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

DIAMONDBACKS/MARLINS

The Marlins pulled off a come-from-behind, 10-inning win in Game 2, stealing the home-field advantage from Arizona. Miami returned home looking to pull off a stunning upset against the defending world champions.

GAME 3: Miami got on the board in the first on a two-out RBI double by Willson Contreras. It turned out that was all the offense they would need. German Marquez pitched brilliantly for the Marlins, scattering three hits over seven shutout innings. Miami took advantage of Chad Allen's wildness in the seventh. After the first two batters walked, Odubel Herrera cashed them in with a one-out double, extending the Marlins' lead to 3-0. Matt Belisle pitched out of a two-on, no-out jam in the ninth to preserve the victory for the hometown squad. MARLINS 3, DIAMONDBACKS 0.

GAME 4: The Marlins sent wild-card hero Jose Quintana to the hill, attempting to pull off the miracle upset against Arizona's Ian Snell. Willson Contreras again provided the early offense for Miami, blasting a three-run homer to give the Marlins a lead in the third. Charlie Blackmon finally put the Diamondbacks on the board with a solo shot in the seventh, but the Marlins added two more insurance runs off Mark Melancon in the eighth, extending their lead to 5-1. Arizona got two runners on in the ninth, but Quintana got Rhys Hoskins to line out to left, touching off a huge celebration as the Marlins pulled off an upset for the ages, knocking out the defending champs and heading on to the NLCS. MARLINS 5, DIAMONDBACKS 1.

CUBS/PHILLIES

GAME 3: The Cubs got two early runs off Phils' starter Mike Minor in the early going, then busted the game open in the top of the sixth. Devon Travis' RBI double chased Minor, and Blaine Hardy didn't have any better luck quelling the Cubs' offense. Sonny Gray helped his own cause with a 2-RBI single in the four-run frame for Chicago. A six-run lead is normally safe, but the Phillies roared back in the bottom of the sixth, with Brandon Crawford blasting a grand slam deep into the right-field seats to chase Gray and close the gap to 6-4. Steve Cishek kept the Phils in check until giving way to Felipe Rivero in the ninth. The Phils rallied again, closing the gap to one on a two-out RBI single by Yonder Alonso. Tommy Kahnle came on to face Josh Donaldson with runners on first and second, and Nick Castellanos made a nice play on a grounder to end the threat and the game in the Cubs' favor. CUBS 6, PHILLIES 5.

GAME 4: Needing a win to extend their season, the Phillies went to midseason acquisition Danny Duffy on short rest against Cubs ace Justin Verlander. Yonder Alonso put the Phils up with a solo home run in the opening frame and added an RBI single in the third to give Philadelphia an early 2-0 lead. Duffy ran out of gas in the fifth, giving way to a bullpen somewhat depleted by an injury to Edwin Diaz earlier in the series. Brad Boxberger imploded in the sixth for the Phils, throwing two wild pitches, the second of which brought home a run. Devon Travis then singled home Nick Castellanos with the tying run. In the bottom of the sixth, Yonder Alonso continued his hot hitting with a leadoff single and came around to score on a throwing error by Andrelton Simmons. The Cubs came back and tied the game in the seventh on a sacrifice fly by Howie Kendrick, and the bullpens took the game all the way into the ninth knotted at 3-3. Jack Leathersich's first pitch of the ninth to Brandon Crawford landed about 400 feet from home plate in the right-field bleachers, sending the Philly faithful home happy and their team back to Chicago for game 5. PHILLIES 4, CUBS 3.

With the exit of the Diamondbacks and Angels from the playoffs, DMBO has six teams remaining in the postseason, none of which made the playoffs last year. Congratulations to the Indians and Marlins on advancing to the next round!
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2018 10:48:17 AM by Phillies TP »

Marlins JM

• John Mondo
  • EC
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #22 on: 12 Oct 2018 10:54:43 AM »
Color me stunned.
Losingest team in DMBO History... by an ASSLOAD

Yankees CC

• Chris Conley
  • All-Star
« Reply #23 on: 12 Oct 2018 11:51:19 AM »
WOW!  I fully expected to be swept.  This is exciting. Now I have to figure out who is going to pitch game 5.

Meanwhile, I have to figure out how to get the computer manager to NOT pitch Nick Vincent repeatedly when there are better fully-rested relievers sitting on the bench...

Mariners BW

• Bill Weismandel
  • Platoon Player
« Reply #24 on: 12 Oct 2018 12:22:42 PM »
Color me stunned.
GREAT TRADE FOR QUINTANA!

Bold moves yield the greatest rewards.
General Manager
Seattle Mariners

Diamondbacks LL

• Larry Linke
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #25 on: 12 Oct 2018 12:44:21 PM »
Congrats John. I have always said that anything can happen in a SIM. I shouldn't have won two years ago so everything evens out. My window is closing but will go for it again next year. Trade block to follow in a couple of days.

Larry
Arizona

Orioles TK

• Tracy Kienast
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #26 on: 14 Oct 2018 4:07:36 PM »
Waiting on one MP to sim G5.

Yankees CC

• Chris Conley
  • All-Star
« Reply #27 on: 14 Oct 2018 5:12:15 PM »
Waiting on one MP to sim G5.

I was the laggard -- sorry. MP in.

Orioles TK

• Tracy Kienast
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #28 on: 14 Oct 2018 6:02:23 PM »
G5 is up.  Tom and I will talk and discuss how we will handle LCS sim before posting a schedule.

Enjoy!

Royals JC

• Jon Carney
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #29 on: 15 Oct 2018 7:58:20 AM »
Wow.  Yankees made the same pitching call I'd have made.  Some very good series early on!
Jon Carney - Kansas City Royals GM

Royals Blog
Trade Block