Author Topic: Announcement of Vacancy  (Read 216 times)

Royals JC

• Jon Carney
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
Announcement of Vacancy
« on: 8 Oct 2018 10:04:50 AM »
Good morning all,
It is with many mixed feelings that I am taking this opportunity to announce my retirement as GM of the Kansas City Royals franchise at the end of the current league season.  I have made this decision known to the EC in previous weeks and we have begun to take the necessary steps to ensure the database is fully operational moving forward.  That said, this retirement creates two important openings:

1. My role as overseer of the database/GM Desk is one of the more technical in the league.  I will have "How To" tutorials set up for all aspects of this before departing and will make myself readily available for the duration of the 2019 league year to assist in this transition.

2. The EC has seen some turnover in my time here, and there is no question that real life impacts all of us.  We will need an active GM willing to step into this role to help things continue moving forward.  Ideally this person has more know-how than me when it comes to database upkeep and can perhaps move the league forward at a better rate than I've been able to do in this role.

Thanks for a fantastic 7 years as GM of the Royals and for the opportunity to be a part of this league!
Jon Carney - Kansas City Royals GM

Royals Blog
Trade Block

Braves MQ

• Michael Quinn
  • Starter
Re: Announcement of Vacancy
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2018 1:21:02 PM »
Saddens me to see you're leaving. You will be missed. Best of luck and God bless!
Braves GM

I'm a man, just a man, nothing more, nothing less

Rays SS

• Shane Setnor
  • Cleanup Hitter
« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2018 1:21:24 PM »
You'll be missed, Jon. And I only say that because I was finally able to best you here as opposed to the ass-beatings you've been dispensing in the BNSL.

Indians RH (Ret)

• Randy Haase
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2018 7:08:36 PM »
You've been unbelievable for this league, Jon.  It's a big loss, but I totally get it. 
INDIANS GM (Retired)

Dodgers DS

• Doug Sutton
  • LTC Working Group
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm (Ret)
« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2018 11:50:32 PM »
This is a real loss!!  You've been my "go to guy"!!

Cubs JD

• Jason Daseler
  • Platoon Player
« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2018 9:13:18 AM »
Jon, you suck balls.  Major big-league balls.  I can say that because you were a groomsman in my wedding.  The league will miss you.