Author Topic: Deadline Day Trade Block  (Read 220 times)

Yankees CC

• Chris Conley
  • All-Star
Deadline Day Trade Block
« on: 30 Jul 2018 9:46:08 PM »
Last chance before waivers kill off most interesting deals -- might as well see what's out there...

The Yankees are interested in upgrading a few relatively week spots for the stretch run. Open to either rentals or players with long-term value. We are highly unlikely to part with prominent prospects for a rental unless we're getting some insane package of short-term value; even if it made sense in a dogfight with the Orioles, that's simply not our style.

Specific needs include:

- SP upgrade. Nate Eovaldi (101 ERA-/96 FIP-) is our current #5 starter, so an upgrde would have to be either measurably better than that or not cost much.

- OF upgrade. Ronald Acuna is currently queued up to take over LF, but if we could get a corner OF better than Manny Margot (88 OPS+, Vg range) we could simply stick Acuna in CF for the stretch run.

- C v RHP. Robinson Chirinos and his 219/304/424 are serviceable, but if there's a righty-mashing option out there that wouldn't hurt.

Got an idea? Let me know!

Diamondbacks LL

• Larry Linke
  • Hall of Famer
Re: Deadline Day Trade Block
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2018 10:11:22 AM »
Smart move by the Yankees getting Kershaw, especially at that price, could have just won himself a World Series

Larry
D-Backs

Yankees CC

• Chris Conley
  • All-Star
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2018 9:39:37 PM »
The Orioles don't seem to be willing to go away, so even though it's only a 6 week rental, at some point even I am willing to pull the trigger...

Rays SS

• Shane Setnor
  • Cleanup Hitter
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2018 11:38:27 PM »
I wasn't thrilled to move Kershaw at that price, but the numbers weren't in my favor. I'd rather get something.