Author Topic: Shopping  (Read 128 times)

Cubs JD

• Jason Daseler
  • Bench Warmer
Shopping
« on: 26 Jun 2018 11:54:48 AM »
Looking for an upgrade at catcher.  Neither side of my platoon is hitting and I can't wait to see if they turn it around.  I can offer picks and/or prospects.  (Does this really need to be said?  What else would I trade? lol)

Cubs JD

• Jason Daseler
  • Bench Warmer
Re: Shopping
« Reply #1 on: 1 Aug 2018 9:20:19 AM »
The Cubs are shopping for an outfielder who can play LF. Looking primarily for a big productive bat.  Doesn't have to be great defensively but also donít want to completely sacrifice defense either. If you have someone you think I might be interested in, please message me or make an offer. Iíve already sent out some things to a few of you so please watch for those.
« Last Edit: 1 Aug 2018 11:31:55 AM by Cubs JD »

Cubs JD

• Jason Daseler
  • Bench Warmer
« Reply #2 on: 1 Aug 2018 3:01:15 PM »
The Cubs are shopping for an outfielder who can play LF. Looking primarily for a big productive bat.  Doesn't have to be great defensively but also donít want to completely sacrifice defense either. If you have someone you think I might be interested in, please message me or make an offer. Iíve already sent out some things to a few of you so please watch for those.

So, despite my phone blowing up yesterday with all the MLB trade announcements, I somehow forgot that today was 8/1 when I posted earlier.  Is DMBO's trade deadline a hard 7/31?  For some reason I thought trades could still be made the week of 7/31 since the SIM goes a week at a time by this point in the season?

Phillies TP

• Tom Parker
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #3 on: 1 Aug 2018 3:34:02 PM »
The trade deadline of July 31 (real calendar) has passed. Teams can (and do) still trade after the deadline, but any player who has ever appeared on an active roster must first clear waivers.  This includes any player not shown as "---" under "Type" (e.g., "1st" through "6th," "LTC," or "Full") on your roster at the GM desk, as well as any player shown as "---" who has one or more "Active Weeks" on the player's individual page at the GM desk.

You can put any currently/previously active player on recovable waivers if they haven't already been recovably waived, claimed, and pulled off waivers twice in the current regular season. Once a player clears waivers, he will be "cleared" for 5 weeks and may be traded during that period.

Any tradeable commodity other than a previously active player that hasn't cleared waivers (minor leaguers who have never been on the active roster, draft picks, and cash) can still be traded at this time.

I hope that clarifies things - please refer to the rules page for further details:

http://dmbo.net/rules/dmbo-rules.html

If you have further questions, please post them here and the EC will try to answer them.