Author Topic: 2018 Projection Disk is OUT!  (Read 464 times)

Pirates LW

• Larry Waters
  • Hall of Famer
Re: 2018 Projection Disk is OUT!
« Reply #15 on: 30 Apr 2018 6:40:39 PM »
for me it downloaded as .alt. After moving it into the correct folder in the DMB software, I renamed as a .zip. Then it installed without a problem
Larry Waters
Assistant General Manager, Pittsburgh Pirates

Avoiding disasters with occasional brilliance

Twins BS

• Bobby Schmidt
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #16 on: 30 Apr 2018 11:06:00 PM »
The .alt is installed under File > Install season disk.

Padres GN

• Draft Pick
« Reply #17 on: 1 May 2018 6:31:49 AM »
Padres just purchased.

Rangers MK

• Mitchell King
  • Draft Pick
« Reply #18 on: 3 May 2018 3:01:35 AM »
Downloaded. Mitchellwking@yahoo.com

Royals JC

• Jon Carney
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2018 2:59:55 PM »
Here is the list of emails I've received for disk purchase:

Athletics
Blue Jays
Braves
Brewers
Cardinals
Diamondbacks
Dodgers
Giants
Indians
Marlins
Mets
Nationals
Orioles
Padres
Phillies
Pirates
Rangers
Rays
Red Sox
Reds
Rockies
Royals
Tigers
Twins
Yankees
« Last Edit: 12 May 2018 8:20:49 AM by Royals JC »
Jon Carney - Kansas City Royals GM

Royals Blog
Trade Block

Dodgers DS

• Doug Sutton
  • LTC Working Group
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm (Ret)
« Reply #20 on: 11 May 2018 7:40:09 PM »
Without any intent to push a panic button, but I'm curious about contingency plans if no evidence exists of league-wide legal usage compliance of the 2018 software download.  As of the post above nearly a third of the league had not notified the league of purchase of the software, and based upon another thread only about half the league have submitted their Week 1 MPs.

Will the league extend the timeline for the season's start beyond the six and a half delay we are already facing (no fault of the league, whatsoever), or try to find up to nine new GMs?  It's an EC decision, but if the latter and more radical choice is made, I'm on the record with my support.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2018 9:14:37 PM by Dodgers DS »

Royals JC

• Jon Carney
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #21 on: 12 May 2018 8:29:18 AM »
Without any intent to push a panic button, but I'm curious about contingency plans if no evidence exists of league-wide legal usage compliance of the 2018 software download.  As of the post above nearly a third of the league had not notified the league of purchase of the software, and based upon another thread only about half the league have submitted their Week 1 MPs.

Will the league extend the timeline for the season's start beyond the six and a half delay we are already facing (no fault of the league, whatsoever), or try to find up to nine new GMs?  It's an EC decision, but if the latter and more radical choice is made, I'm on the record with my support.
At this point, I'll simply be PMing the 5 GMs who've not let me know they've purchased the disk.  I've tried to check the league email, thread here, and my PMs, but it's possible I missed one (Like my own in the original list, DOH!  :o ) along the way somewhere.  I'm also monitoring the teams who are sending in MPs (22 at most recent count) vs. the number of purchase confirmations/emails I've received (25 at most recent count).

In short, we will not be delaying our simulations.  Teams without submitted MPs will be simulated with a blank MP.  Teams not demonstrating a desire or effort to submit an MP or show verification of disk purchase will be subject to probation and/or termination pending EC discussion.  Being a member in good standing requires a demonstrated competitiveness, and owning the software and submitting a basic MP is the most basic form of demonstrated competitiveness I can think of.

Royals Blog
Trade Block

Royals JC

• Jon Carney
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #22 on: 12 May 2018 8:45:34 AM »
A bit more information for everyone: With 22 submitted MP, we have more week 1 MPs in this year than we did last year, which is great!  I've PM'd the 5 GMs I don't have purchase verifications for.  Of those 5, one has a submitted MP, so I assume he has the disk and just forgot to send confirmation.  2 others have reached out to me very recently about finding the pre-season file and/or setting up their MP, so I'm assuming they have the file or plan to get it immediately.  The other two are newer GMs and so the league will be certainly be patient in getting them up to speed with the software and the process of submitting an MP.  I remember how frustrating it was my first year using and trying to understand the software.

Royals Blog
Trade Block

Orioles TK

• Tracy Kienast
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #23 on: 12 May 2018 11:28:06 AM »
Just a heads up for 1st sim.  if it happens this weekend it will be late tonight or late tomorrow night.  I'm heading to my son's state track meet now and it is Mother's day tomorrow.  I will try to squeeze it in tonight or tomorrow night but it may be Monday for this first sim.
AL Wildcard 2003, 2005, 2006, 2015
AL East Champion 2008, 2009

Royals JC

• Jon Carney
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #24 on: 12 May 2018 11:50:41 AM »
Just a heads up for 1st sim.  if it happens this weekend it will be late tonight or late tomorrow night.  I'm heading to my son's state track meet now and it is Mother's day tomorrow.  I will try to squeeze it in tonight or tomorrow night but it may be Monday for this first sim.
If it ends up being Monday, we'll do the week 2 lock on Wednesday night instead of Tuesday night.  Just a heads up.

Royals Blog
Trade Block

Phillies TP

• Tom Parker
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #25 on: 13 May 2018 10:34:22 AM »
Phils profile is in.

Blue Jays SH

• Scot Hughes
  • Arbitration Working Group
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #26 on: 13 May 2018 12:21:45 PM »
DMB 11 is installed on my old PC, which I pretty much only use for DMB. I fired it up Friday, and it is STILL trying to complete a bunch of Windows 10 updates. I'll get a profile submitted when I get the computer working, but it might be a few more days.

Scot.
AL East champion 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2016
AL Champion 2003, 2004, 2006
WS champion 2004, 2006

Red Sox KN

• Kris Neild
  • Cleanup Hitter
« Reply #27 on: 13 May 2018 12:47:24 PM »
Canít you download dmb11 three different times? I threw out my comp I used last year and just redownload on my new one.

Nationals JE

• Jason Eickemeyer
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm (Ret)
« Reply #28 on: 13 May 2018 2:54:56 PM »
I just moved the .exe file onto an external hard drive and put it onto a new PC that way.

Giants SK

• Shawn Kelly
  • Cleanup Hitter
« Reply #29 on: 13 May 2018 7:52:47 PM »
I did the same thing Jason did. Moved the exe file and good