Author Topic: Immediate Vacancy  (Read 209 times)

Royals JC

• Jon Carney
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
Immediate Vacancy
« on: 4 Jan 2018 8:38:44 AM »
Jon PM'd me yesterday to submit his resignation as the GM of the White Sox.  As his organization is on the clock in the Winter Draft, please allow the NL members of the EC a short time to come to a decision as to who the White Sox will select.

Because Jon PM'd me and did not post here, I will not go into detail about reasons, etc.; but I would like to state publicly that the EC will miss Jon as a GM and as a former EC member.  This was clearly not a decision he came to lightly, and not a decision he envisioned having to make at the end of October.  He's a quality GM who will be hard to replace, and we certainly wish him all the best!

If you know anyone who may be interested in this position, please have them email a short business plan to the EC at the league email address: dmbo [DOT] email [AT] gmail [DOT] com.  There will be no dues needed from that GM until we all have our next round next off-season.

Thanks, all!
« Last Edit: 4 Jan 2018 12:02:42 PM by Royals JC »
Jon Carney - Kansas City Royals GM

Royals Blog
Trade Block

Diamondbacks LL

• Larry Linke
  • Hall of Famer
Re: Immediate Vacancy
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jan 2018 10:37:07 AM »
Hate it when we lose old time members. I have someone who should be submitting an application and a business plan when he gets off work tonight

Larry
D-Backs

Dodgers DS

• Doug Sutton
  • LTC Working Group
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm (Ret)
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2018 11:49:57 AM »
Jon has been a good GM and a contributing member of the league.  He will be missed.

I hope his future is filled with smooth waters.

Jon(White Sox)

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2018 5:13:07 PM »
Thank you Doug for the sentiments and to everyone else for an amazing 16 seasons!  It is sad to step down, but a necessary move for me at this time. 

I would have loved to hang on for the 2018 season (and have some fun with the ~$60 million to spend in free agency), but I feel that the league deserved someone that could commit to being more active than I could right now.

Marlins JM

• John Mondo
  • EC
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #4 on: 5 Jan 2018 7:55:01 PM »
We understand Jon.

You are always be Welcome here.
Losingest team in DMBO History... by an ASSLOAD