Author Topic: Royals 2018 Trading Block  (Read 299 times)

Royals JC

• Jon Carney
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
Royals 2018 Trading Block
« on: 20 Nov 2017 10:39:40 PM »
Royal Needs
1. Big Bat in LF/CF
2. Long-term 1B upgrade
3. Draft Picks

Royal Assets
1. Russell Martin - C (2018, 12.500, 2019 Option) - Martin is projected for 99 OPS+ and +3 DEF for 2018 and will likely have a VG arm yet again, making him a 3+ fWAR player and easily worth his 12.500 tag for 2018.  He's an expiring contract but does have an option for 2019.  We are open to lots of ideas, but would ideally like to find an OF/3B/SP if we were to move Martin.  Draft picks would also be considered.  Salary assistance available for the right return!

2. Matt Duffy - SS/3B (3rd) - Duffy didn't play much at all in 2017, but in 2016 he was primarily a SS in Tampa.  SS is currently occupied by Addison Russell in Kansas City, making Duffy somewhat expendable, especially if we can find an upgrade at 3B full time.  Steamer projects him as a slightly below average 3B, but those offensive numbers and AV range at SS (which he had in 2017) make him a solid everyday player in our leagues.

3. Corey Dickerson - LF/CF (5th) - Dickerson has a career OPS+ of 119 and is coming off a season where he put up a 120 OPS+.  I'm expecting a projection in the area of 115 OPS+ and AV range in the corner/FR in center.  He's a solid bat that I'd be willing to move as part of a package for an elite level DH bat.

4. Steven Wright - SP (4th), Mike Bolsinger - SP (4th), Matt Harvey (LTC, 2019 Option) - Steven Wright grabbed a 95 ERA+ projection, Bolsinger a 93 ERA+ projection, and Harvey an 85 ERA+ projection.  If FIP- is your stat of choice for pitchers, though, Harvey is league average.    I don't need all three of these guys, and though an emergency starter is nice to have, I'm curious as to whether any of these three alone or grouped with others listed here can get the Royals an upgrade in LF/CF, a long-term answer at 1B, or an elite level DH.

--------

PM me if you have interest in any of the listed guys.  The only truly untouchable players on the Royals roster are Luis Severino, Aaron Nola, and J.T. Realmuto.  There may be some prices you don't agree with or want to pay on other players, but I'm always open to discussions!
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2018 11:59:07 AM by Royals JC »
Jon Carney - Kansas City Royals GM

Royals Blog
Trade Block

Royals JC

• Jon Carney
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
Re: Royals 2018 Trading Block
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2018 2:57:44 PM »
Yet another ZiPS update bump.

Been tough to find matches thus far, but I'm confident we'll get something done to round the team out for 2018.
Jon Carney - Kansas City Royals GM

Royals Blog
Trade Block