Author Topic: 2017 Summer Draft Ineligibles and Discussion Thread  (Read 695 times)

Blue Jays SH

• Scot Hughes
  • Arbitration Working Group
  • Hall of Famer
Re: 2017 Summer Draft Ineligibles and Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: 2 Jun 2017 10:23:27 AM »
You know what would make my life much easier every year around draft time? If the draft ineligible list was in the format "Lastname, Firstname".

Scot.

Yeah !!!

I would like the order to be changed to exactly the way they currently are too !!!!  :)

Doh! :)

I wish all other sources listed them that way, then.

Scot.
AL East champion 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2016
AL Champion 2003, 2004, 2006
WS champion 2004, 2006

Mariners BW

• Bill Weismandel
  • Bench Warmer
« Reply #31 on: 2 Jun 2017 11:34:25 AM »
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Bill
General Manager
Seattle Mariners

Royals JC

• Jon Carney
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #32 on: 7 Jun 2017 8:52:31 AM »
Just a heads up to everyone:

I'm leaving on vacation today and will be returning next week on Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on traffic flow on the drive.  We will start the draft on-time this year, as I'm not taking my laptop (FREEEEDOM!!!) and will therefore not have an easy way to manually enter picks after the fact in the GM Desk.

The draft is set to go live on June 12th at 12:00:01 AM EST, so Miami (or a trade partner) will have 24 hours from that point to make their pick.

Some reminders:

1. You must enter your draft pick in the GM Desk when your pick is active.  You will receive an automated email letting you know that your pick has gone active, just like you do for trade offers.

2. PLEASE double check things like spelling and position to make sure the player isn't already on a roster.

3. An EC member will validate your pick after you have submitted it.  If you haven't clicked the submit button after entering your pick information, no one can see that you've made the pick, not even the EC.

4. Our draft clock does not run on the weekends.  It pauses at 12:00:01 AM Saturdays and starts again at 12:00:01 AM Mondays.  GMs are allowed (and encouraged...sometimes aggressively by their peers!!) to make picks on the weekend in order to keep the draft moving forward.

5. 52 man roster limits do not included drafted players and I will not add recently drafted players with a projection to your roster until the draft has concluded.  On the weekend following the end of the draft, I will add all drafted players to rosters and GMs will have until the following roster lock to get their rosters legal.

Any other questions, please post here!  I've also copied this post to the initial post in the thread for ease of finding at a later date.
Jon Carney - Kansas City Royals GM

Royals Blog
Trade Block

Marlins JM

• John Mondo
  • EC
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #33 on: 12 Jun 2017 8:10:30 AM »
Just a weekly senility test.....

But did the draft start ?

I can't find the link, nor did I get an email.
Losingest team in DMBO History... by an ASSLOAD

Royals JC

• Jon Carney
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm
« Reply #34 on: 12 Jun 2017 8:35:05 AM »
I don't see it live either, and I feel like we have always manually entered the first in the past, so that may be what has to happen. We are live, though, Mr. Mondo. Drop your pick in the thread and I'll get it in the draft somehow!
Jon Carney - Kansas City Royals GM

Royals Blog
Trade Block

Dodgers DS

• Doug Sutton
  • LTC Working Group
  • Hall of Famer
  • Exec Comm (Ret)
« Reply #35 on: 29 Jun 2017 12:13:59 AM »
As of this writing eight picks remain to be made in the second round, but theoretically, it's possible for the current round to be completed faster than the first.  I'm uncertain if that has ever occurred before.